DrFormulas Diet Classification: Keto and Gluten Free
Cook Time: 40 Min | Servings: 2 | Calories per serving: 390 | Net Carbs Per Serving: 11grams
Classic pub grub, with a few keto updates. Sirloin steaks are pan-seared to a tender finish, then drizzled in a creamy homemade blue cheese sauce. They’re served alongside jicama fries — parboiled and baked until crispy — and a coconut amino-based Worcestershire sauce mixed with butter. A sprinkle of fresh scallion garnishes the dish.
INGREDIENTS (7 ITEMS)
2 (5 oz) Sirloin steaks
2 tbsp Butter
¼ cup Keto-friendly Worcestershire sauce
1 ¼ oz Yellow onions
8 ¾ oz Jicama
1 ¼ oz Blue cheese
1 whole Scallion
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
small & medium sauté pans
Step 1: PREP JICAMA & SCALLION
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Carefully peel jicama. Slice lengthwise into about ½-inch thick planks. Cut planks lengthwise into about ½-inch thick fries.
- Thinly slice scallion; discard root end.
Step 2: PARBOIL JICAMA
- Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add jicama to boiling water. Cook 12 minutes.
- Strain jicama. Shake off excess water. Wipe pot dry.
Step 3: ROAST JICAMA
- Transfer jicama to a medium bowl. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons cooking
oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Spread jicama out in an even layer on a lightly oiled foil-lined baking sheet. Roast 20-22 minutes, or until jicama is tender and lightly browned.**Take Note: Jicama fries have a crispy, crunchy texture.
Step 4: SEASON & COOK STEAKS
- Season both sides of sirloin steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat about 1 ½ tablespoons cooking oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add steaks. Sear 15-20 minutes, or until fully cooked (or to desired doneness), flipping every 3-5 minutes.*
- Transfer steaks to cutting board. Let rest at least 3 minutes. *Take Note: Steaks are fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
Step 5: MAKE CHEESE SAUCE
- Heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil in pot used for jicama over medium-high heat. Add yellow onions to hot pot. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Stir. Cook 4-5 minutes, or until onions begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pot from heat. Immediately add blue cheese and 1 tablespoon water. Stir until cheese melts. Salt and pepper to taste.
Step 6: WARM WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- Heat keto-friendly Worcestershire sauce and 1 tablespoon water in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until sauce is warmed through.
- Remove from heat. Add butter to pan. Whisk until butter melts.
Step 7: PLATE YOUR DISH
- Cut steaks against the grain into 5-7 slices each.
- Make a pool of Worcestershire sauce on each plate and top with jicama fries. Fan steak next to jicama. Spoon blue cheese sauce over steaks. Garnish dish with scallion.