DrFormulas® Nexabiotic® Advanced probiotic supplement offers 17.25 billion CFUs of 23 different probiotic strains, including L. rhamnosus, B. coagulans, and L. acidophilus to support digestion, immunities, and general health.
DrFormulas® Nexabiotic® for Women is specially formulated to support women’s urinary, vaginal, and digestive health. Each probiotic supplement contains 23 different bacteria strains, including L. acidophilus, S. boulardii, B. coagulans, and more.
DrFormulas® Nexabiotic® probiotic for Infants, Babies, and Kids provides an easy powder mix capsule to supply your little ones with powerful prebiotics and probiotics that support healthy digestion, immunities, and general wellness.
What is Bacillus coagulans?
Bacillus coagulans is a strain of bacteria that lives in the gut and helps to promote digestive health and wellness. It is also a type of bacteria that is commonly used in many probiotic supplements and is similar to other types of beneficial bacteria including lactobacillus. One crucial difference between Bacillus coagulans and other lactobacilli is that it forms spores during reproduction allowing it to be extremely hardy and stomach-acid resistant.
Like other strains of probiotics, Bacillus coagulans produces lactic acid in the gut. Lactic acid encourages the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut, while preventing harmful bacteria from taking over.
In addition to probiotic supplements, Bacillus coagulans is naturally available in fermented foods like sauerkraut, yogurt, kimchi, and kombucha.
Bacillus coagulans Benefits and Uses
There are trillions of bacteria in the intestines, which form an entire, unique ecosystem. Maintaining a balance of healthy bacteria is essential for your overall health and wellness.
There are many known health benefits to using Bacillus coagulans, including:
- Boosting immune health
- Encouraging a healthy and balanced gut environment
- Inhibiting growth of bad bacteria
- Helping to relieve digestive discomforts like diarrhea, gas, and bloating
- Supporting normal vaginal flora and health
- May promote nutrient absorption
Bacillus coagulans uses may include:
- Promote gut health: Some research has found that taking Bacillus coagulans may help to reduce abdominal pain, diarrhea, and bloating. 
- Aiding in preventing antibiotic side effects: Antibiotics do more than kill the infection-causing microorganism—they also kill all of the healthy bacteria found in the gut. Many people experience diarrhea or abdominal pain as a side effect of some common antibiotics. Using Bacillus coagulans probiotics with antibiotics can help to promote normal bowel movements and recolonization of the gut with healthy bacteria.
- Boosting immune health: The use of probiotics has been shown to improve the immune response against some viral respiratory tract infections.
Bacillus coagulans Side Effects
When you first begin taking a probiotic supplement, you may experience some side effects as your body adjusts. Usually, these symptoms are short-lived and fairly minor, but they may include:
If you notice these side effects, try reducing the dose for a little bit until your body adjusts, then you can increase the dose slowly. Staying hydrated and taking the probiotic on an empty stomach can also get rid of some of these side effects.
Bacillus coagulans Overdose
It is difficult to overdose on probiotics, though you may be more likely to experience gastrointestinal side effects with higher doses. However, just because you can’t take too many probiotics, doesn’t mean that you should take extremely high doses. Taking only one probiotic can reduce the diversity of microorganisms in the gut in the long run. For that reason we formulate multi-probiotic supplements when appropriate.
Buy Bacillus coagulans
If you don’t like or don’t want to eat the fermented foods that are a good source of these helpful and healthful microorganisms, consider an easily digested and tasteless probiotic supplement such as DrFormulas’ Nexabiotic Gummies for kids and adults with Bacillus coagulans probiotic, multi-vitamins, and omega-3 oils.
DrFormulas’ Nexabiotic® line of probiotics features probiotics that are made under FDA Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines so you can be assured that the probiotic you are taking is safe and effective.
Go with your gut and get Nexabiotic®!