In healthy adults, a normal growth cycle for hair is around two to three years. During the growth stage, the length of your hair will increase at an average rate of half an inch per month. If you are healthy, 90 percent of your hair will be growing at any one time. The other 10 percent will be dormant. Dormant hair will be lost after three months, and new hair will replace it.
Hair loss is becoming an increasingly common problem, mainly due to poor diet and stress, 40 percent of men under the age of 35 have noticeable hair loss. What are some things that you can do to help support hair growth and minimize hair loss?
A healthy diet is essential for healthy hair. Both DrFormulas Hairomega 3-in-1 DHT Blocker with Hair Growth Vitamins as well as Hairomega DHT Blocker with Hair Growth Vitamins provide all the vitamins and nutrients that are vital for keeping your hair strong and lustrous. Let’s take a look at which vitamins promote hair growth and how they work.
Vitamin A is often overlooked as a vitamin for hair growth. It is more commonly associated with eye health. This fat-soluble vitamin is available in several forms, the most common being beta-carotene which is the form found in carrots. Because it is fat soluble, getting too much can be just as bad as getting too little. Vitamin A deficiency can cause blindness, dry skin, and frequent infections. Too much can cause skin changes and hair loss. In therapeutic amounts, its antioxidant properties protect hair follicles from free radical damage. Vitamin A supplements can also prevent a dry and itchy scalp.
If you want hair that looks healthy and shiny throughout the growth cycles, you’ll need plenty of vitamin C. It is often associated with citrus fruits. It has antioxidant properties that neutralize oxidative stress, preventing hair damage.
Vitamin C is utilized in the production of collagen which is a major structural protein of the skin. A deficiency of Vitamin C can lead to weak skin that bruises easily and gums which bleed easily. This disease is called scurvy and infamously affected sailors that crossed the Atlantic to the New World with no access to citrus fruits.
Vitamin C also helps to produce red blood cells, which keeps hair follicles enriched with a healthy supply. This vitamin may also help with hair loss by stimulating the production of IGF-1 (human growth factor), which strengthens the hair follicle and produces cells that make keratin. Keratin is essential for hair growth and re-growth.
Vitamin D is important for helping communication between cells, assisting with the absorption of calcium and strengthening bones. When it comes to your hair, vitamin D helps to maintain the balance of your hair-growth cycle, but if you have a vitamin D deficiency, your hair will look dull and may break easily or even fail to grow. Combined with other nutrients such as Vitamin C and biotin, vitamin D helps to strengthen the hair shaft to prevent breaking. Recent research shows that the vitamin may help create new hair follicles – the sheath of cells surrounding the root of a hair.
Vitamin E helps to maintain circulation and prevent a dry, itchy scalp. Because of its rich antioxidant properties, this vitamin can protect hair follicles and also repair damaged ones. It can also encourage, strong, healthy hair growth.
Egg whites contain a protein known as avidin that binds to biotin and prevents it from being absorbed. This is of concern for people who consume a lot of egg whites such as bodybuilders. Accordingly, Biotin is often recommended by dermatologists for the initial treatment of hair loss.
Biotin helps strengthen hair that has been damaged due to overuse of harsh hair products, over-exposure to the sun and damage from hair styling tools.
Zinc is vital for healthy, young looking skin and prevents the scalp from becoming dry and flaky, resulting and dandruff. This mineral is beneficial for the immune system because it is involved in the replication of DNA and also plays a vital role in the division of cells. As a hair growth supplement, zinc sulfate may also help prevent hair loss.
If you’re looking for a supplement that will promote stronger, longer, healthier hair DrFormulas Hairomega DHT Blocker With Vitamins for Hair Growth can benefit you. It is an easy to take capsule you take twice a day with a proprietary blend of vitamins and nutrients that are specially combined to protect and promote all aspects of hair health. If you want additional protection for your skin and nails, DrFormulas Hairomega 3-in-1 DHT Blocker with Vitamins for Hair Growth has additional nutrients to make your skin look younger and your nails stronger.